Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Journey of Self Discovery

Recently, my lovely silver sisters from Cafe Gray have inspired me.  (Really, they have been an inspiration since I first discovered this amazing group of women back in September)  Most recently though they have unknowingly provided insight into who I am, who I am becoming.  Many of us, in sharing our thoughts, concerns, joys at the journey of going gray, are finding we share many of the same feelings and perspectives.

It turned into a journey of self discovery

  •  As the more natural color that comes in, the more real and more true I feel, I am.  No more hiding behind a color.  I embrace the natural grays.  THIS IS ME!
  •  I may not be young but I am NOT old and my hair color will not change that fact.
  • This new color coming in is like watching time-lapse photography in process!  
  • It has taught me patience, which for me is amazing.   The girl who has always wanted everything NOW has learned to sit back and enjoy the journey.  This is not an overnight, or over-week or over-month process.  I am six months into a likely 15 month test of time.


It changed into a science experiment.  I want a lab coat and beakers!


  • Who knew each hair had its own rate of growth?  
  • Who knew the line of demarcation would be this crazy zig-zaggy line?
  • What new product will make me more sparkly?  
  • Where did these little errant hairs come from?  
  • Where are the big clumps of hair after I color?

As the days go by, I am finding answers to all these questions.  And, as the days go by I will share what I find with you.













No comments:

Post a Comment