Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Return of Hair

Mine is not in any way an overnight journey.  At the beginning of March I will be seven months into what I expect will be a 15 to 17 month adventure.  Its still early in the game and I am surprised and sometimes amazed at the process.

This morning the surprise presented itself as a little forest of silver spouts waving in the breeze that passed over the top of my head. This wasn't the outgrowth of my previously dyed hair.  These were new little silver soldiers standing at attention!  This is not an overnight journey yet seemingly overnight I have all these new little hairs?  A sneak attack of new hair. Hair that should have been on my head all along had I not chosen the path of chemically induced color.

I've missed my thick hair and wrongly assumed it was leaving my side do to aging.  I was forcing it out with chemical warfare!

I apologize to my scalp and my hair for the years of torture and I'm ridiculously thankful for your return.  It is my promise to be  kinder and more gentle to my new found (and old) follicles!

No comments:

Post a Comment