Friday, January 6, 2012

Follicle independence!

As I recall, I started going gray around 35.  That, however was not my initiation into the world of color from a box...

Since the age of 16  I have been coloring.  At 16 I wanted to be blonde like my older, beautiful sister.  In my 20’s and 30’s I went auburn and the occasional bozo red to establish my own identity.  At 40 I went with a more natural chestnut brown which required constant touch ups.

My recent decision to go gray stems from not one but various events.   
  • Attending a Halloween party several years ago and tried on a friend’s salt and pepper wig and said, YES!!!  This is me. 
  • The awesome gray stripe in my bangs started to spread. 
  • I’m soooooo tired of the color maintenance!!!  And I love the way my gray stripe feels.  The color treated hair is so damaged.

Finally, I’ve realized the color of my hair does not define my age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment