Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting the stink eye...

I have seen it.  I have, no doubt, given it.  The dreaded "girl, you've got some serious roots showing" stink eye.

Tonight at the gym I was the recipient. I can no longer hide the 2 + inch skunk stripe. I've given up trying, especially at the gym where I go to work out and don't go to be "seen".

Monday is a step class filled with older, well coiffed, seriously dyed women. As I worked out on the elliptical, in walked the women for class.  Each a different shade of faux colorant.  Maybe it was partially my imagination but too many woman to ignore seemed to notice my stripe and stare just a bit too long.

Am I over-sensitive?  Maybe.  Probably.  But next time I see the stripe on someone else the "eye" they will be getting won't have a hint of stink.


2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Going Gray Looking Great and thought I'd stop by and say hello. I think your hair is going to look great -- such a pretty color of silver, and lots of it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna! I'm actually very pleased with the amount of silver coming in and I'm thrilled how healthy it feels. So glad I'm on this journey.

    ReplyDelete