Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What is all the fuss about

Ok, so today was the day.  The dreaded DMV. 

The "head shot" wardrobe.  Check.  Documentation for the name change.  Check.  Hair...oh the hair!  An extra 20 + minutes went into that hair prep this morning.  Hairspray, more hairspray, flat iron, zigzag part, more hairspray.  Hair, now checked.  And did it NOT occur to me that all this prep went out the window when I hopped on my scooter for the ride into the office?  I opt not to care.  It is what it is.  My previous DMV photo was as good as it was going to get.  It was a past life.  

At the DMV I'm told its a 2 1/2 hour wait unless I had an appointment.  Thank goodness for my forethought of scheduling ahead!  After about 20 minutes and a very pleasant chat with the DMV employee behind the counter the time has come....step to the blue curtain please.  Smile if you like.  FLASH!!!!!  Moments later I'm watching my license slide down the conveyor belt and I take a deep breath.  Mr DMV smiles and hands me my new license, my new identity, my new life...



I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment